Are you planning for a summer wedding? With loads of sunshine and ideal weather, early summer is often a good time of year to plan a wedding event. And, picking wedding flowers for your big day in the summer can be a lot of fun. Take a look at a few common questions people tend to have about picking flowers for weddings being held in the summer season.
What are the best flowers for a summer wedding?
One of the biggest perks of holding a wedding in the summer is so many flowers can hold up well in fair weather. A few good choices to consider when it comes to wedding flowers in the summer include:
- Roses: Roses are a classic choice for a wedding, and they come in a variety of colors to suit to coincide with a summer theme.
- Lilies: Lilies come in a variety of colors, including white, pink, and purple.
- Orchids: Orchids are beautiful and exotic flowers that are perfect for a summer wedding.
- Hydrangeas: Hydrangeas are large, colorful flowers perfect for a summer wedding.
- Peonies: Delicate, large, and dramatic, peonies are suitable for a romantic summer wedding.
- Tulips: Tulips are cheerful and colorful, which can be perfect for the summer season.
- Daisies: Simple and elegant, daisies are always symbiotic with summer.
- Sunflowers: Bright and cheerful, sunflowers exude summertime cheer.
How can you pick the best flowers for a summer wedding?
When choosing flowers for your summer wedding, a few factors can help you pick the best varieties. The time of day and location of the wedding will be important. If the wedding is taking place in the evening, you may want to choose flowers that are more fragrant. If the wedding is taking place outdoors, you may want to choose flowers that stand up well in bright sunlight. Think about your preferences and the color theme of the wedding. If you have a specific color scheme in mind, you will want to choose flowers that match that scheme. Lastly, consider your budget. Wedding flowers can be expensive, so it is important to set a budget before you start shopping.
Which wedding flowers are most affordable?
Several factors determine the price of flowers, such as proximity to the grower and your general location, and the availability of certain types of flowers. A good way to keep costs low is to look at flowers that are more likely to be grown close to home. For example, if you know there is a local tulip farm, going with tulips for your wedding is bound to save some money.